1. What is Gulf Resources, Inc.'s core business?
Gulf Resources, Inc. ("Gulf Resources" or the "Company") produces and distributes bromine and crude salt, and chemical products that are utilized in a variety of applications, including oil & gas field exploration, fire retardants, papermaking chemical agents and inorganic chemicals. The Company operates through its two wholly-owned subsidiaries; Shouguang City Haoyuan Chemical Company Limited (SCHC) and Shouguang Yuxin Chemical Industry Co., Limited (SYCI).
2. What is bromine and how is it used?
Bromine is a nonmetallic chemical element classified under halogen elements. It is highly toxic and extremely reactive, requiring proper precautions when handled. At room temperature, bromine is a thick, reddish brown liquid.
The main applications for bromine are in fire retardants, oilfield chemicals, water purification, and various fine chemicals. In addition, bromine is also used as an antiseptic agent and sanitizer, in pharmaceuticals, photo chemicals, dyes, and fumigants.
3. What are Gulf Resources, Inc.'s ticker symbol, exchange, and CUSIP?
The ticker symbol is GURE. Common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
4. How many employees work for Gulf Resources, Inc.?
As of December 31, 2011, we employed approximately 519 full-time employees.
5. When was Gulf Resources, Inc. founded?
In December 2006, pursuant to a share exchange, Diversifax, Inc. and Upper Class Group Limited formed Gulf Resources, Inc. The operating subsidiaries SHCH and SYCI were founded 2005 and 2001 respectively.
6. What is Gulf Resources, Inc.'s annual bromine production capacity?
As of December 31, 2011, our annual bromine production capacity was 41,547 tons.
7. How many of the Company's shares are outstanding?
As of May 11, 2011, Gulf Resources, Inc. had approximately 34,735,912 shares outstanding.
8. When are the next quarterly results released?
Gulf Resources, Inc.'s quarterly earnings reports are tentatively scheduled to be released six weeks after a quarter-end and ten weeks following the year-end. All earnings releases are posted on our website.
9. When is Gulf Resources, Inc.'s fiscal year-end and corresponding quarter-end?
Gulf Resources, Inc.'s fiscal year-end is December 31 and quarter ends are March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31.
10. How can I obtain a copy of Gulf Resources, Inc.'s annual report?
You can download Gulf Resources, Inc.'s most recent annual report free of charge from the Company's website under Financial Reports or contact the Company's Investor Relations Contact.
11. How can I obtain a copy of Gulf Resources, Inc.'s other public documents and corporate filings?
If you are interested in receiving all press releases and other financial reports via e-mail, please click on 'E-mail Alerts' and provide the requisite information.
12. What is the contact of Gulf Resources, Inc.'s Investor Relations?
You may reach our IR manager Max at Max_vx@163.com
and CEO's assistant Helen at Beishengrong@vip.163.com
13. Who is Gulf Resources, Inc.'s independent Certified Public Accountant?
Morison Cogen LLP is Gulf Resources, Inc.'s Certified Public Accountant.
14. Who is Gulf Resources, Inc.'s outside legal counsel?
Loeb & Loeb LLP is the outside legal counsel for Gulf Resources, Inc.
15. Who are Gulf Resources, Inc.'s transfer agent and registrar?
American Stock Transfer Co., Inc. acts as the Company's transfer agent and registrar.